Production Line Tester (PLT)
Digatron Production line tester is synonymous for trusted quality evaluation in any automotive battery finishing line. The feature packed HRD testing evaluates & predicts the battery performance most accurately. Along with CMW’s automated test jig, the complete automation system is the best in the world.
The unit is basically is a high rate discharge tester testing the battery’s cranking ability. The test duration is set anywhere between 4 seconds to 10 seconds. The rate of batteries tested per minute is usually 6-8 batteries p er minutes. However this also depends on the automated test jig operation.
- Conveyor station acid-resistance painted
- Positioning device for car and truck batteries
- Kelvin probes for battery contact
- PLC to control battery handling
- Throughput: up to 8 batteries/min.
- OCV and CCV criteria or Δ V (gradient) optionally
- Electronic load with linear transistor circuitry
- Microprocessor Control Interface
- Battery Manager Software incl. PLT device controller
- Tolerance range calculation for OCV and CCV
- Test results in graphical form as Gauss diagram, and distribution diagram for statistical evaluation
The Unit is operated from a Host PC with Battery Manager Software. The software allows to connect more than one PLT station to one supervising PC. Test data can be transferred to any central database server to backup and achieve data via TCP/IP.
The Remote Box for free selectable installation at the production line allows to start or stop a stored program.
The Production Line Tester (PLT) is typically installed at the end of battery production lines (finishing). An electrical load test after formation charging is essential to assure performance and quality. The energy discharged during this test must be minimized to eliminate the need for recharging after testing.
The PLT is the result of these concepts and quality requirements. Immediately after formation (generally after washing), the battery is discharged at a high current for a few seconds.
The HRD voltage at the end of the test is determined and compared to nominal values resulting in a pass/fail decision. The gradient of the discharge voltage is determined and compared to nominal values resulting in a pass/fail decision.
The PLT can be used for all types of batteries.
- Range upto 5000amps, 42-0V
- Interface to Datalogger on CANBUS for cell voltage monitoring
- TCP/IP Interface between Host PC and the UBT cabinet
- Discharge upto 5V or 0V
- Interface to Auxiliary devices & Environmnet chamber
- Suited for Automotive battery & Industrial cells/battery
- Temperature measurement in individual circuit for pilot cell/battery
- Plug in power modules for ease of service
- RS232 or CAN Interface
|PC Software:||Battery Manager|
|Accuracy||within 10% – 100% Inom: ±0.5% Set Value within <10% Inom: ±0.05% Full Scale|
|Resolution||± 15 Bit|
|Throughput||up to 8 batteries / min|
|Ambient Temperature||10-40°C (50-104°F)|
|Dimensions of Conveyor Station||2000 x 900 x 2100 mm (LxWxH)|
|Mains Connection||Single phase, 220V, 50hz N + E|
COOLING & ENVIRONMENT CONDITIONS
|Cooling||Air Cooled, air flow from bottom to top|
|Ambient temperature, operating||10-40⁰C (50 – 104⁰F)|
|Humidity||10% – 90% RH, non-condensing and non-corroding|
|Cable Entery||Special DC cables can be provided at|
|Colour||RAL-7014 Dark Grey|
|1000, 1500, 2000, 3000 Amps||Discharge voltage 15-5V/0V|